Saturday, January 30, 2010

DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC?



Share
(for those of you who don't follow my other blog, I'd like to share this post with you -my vision philms friends as well)

It was almost a year ago (believe it or not) when the mother of this little princess contacted Kari and I about capturing some images for her daughter's 4th birthday. She knew the party would be princess themed, and she knew that that she wanted the pictures that would be given as keepsakes to be special.

As the day approached we talked about ways to execute the shoot. At first, I proposed some areas near downtown Atlanta that might look "castle-like". At the last minute, I shifted my thoughts to trying to pull off an "enchanted forest" look.







Of course, the day of the shoot was colder than the rest of the week. We covered the princess in a big coat and took it off just as we began shooting. We literally shot for 15 minutes. I captured only 24 frames before we were headed back to the car. It was too cold. We finished the shoot in the studio and hoped that at least one of the images from the forest would work.


I don't think the princess was worried at all. She believes in magic.

Photography, Concept, and Digital Editing by Carlton Mackey
VISION Photography | www.mytruevision.com
VISION Philms | www.visionphilms.com

No comments: