Saturday, January 10, 2009

Junkanoo Continued - Small World!


OK. This IS a small world. So I'm flailing my arms and dancing to the rhythm at Junkanoo and sitting next to me is a friend of a friend. I wasn't aware of this at the time, but I checked out one of the comments left on my blog post and almost hit the floor.
As it turns out (as just confirmed by my phone call), my friend Julia has a friend who is Bahamian and was home for Junkanoo. After dancing all night on Shirley Ave, we move to Bay Street when the sun came up. Of the thousands of people there, I end up sitting next to someone who we share a mutual friend with.

READ THE COMMENT BELOW BY "MELODY"

MELODY: Email me. (carltonmackey@mytruevision.com) I tried to reply but your blog profile is set to private. I know I'm going to trip out when I recall who you were... and don't tell anybody about how crazy I looked going bananas to the drum beat! LOL!

...to be continued

See More Photos by VISION Photography @ JUNKANOO 2009

No comments: